BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Friday, December 26, 2008

Coal for Boston and Redemption for one QB


You won't find too many Michael Jordan fans who are Kobe Bryant fans and I'm one. I bought Kobe's rookie jersey in LA and got his #24 when it first came out. I watched him play at the Staples Center and in three other states. Kobe is the Man!

The beat down of the Celtics on Christmas Night is just partial revenge for the Los Angeles Lakers' meltdown versus Boston in the last NBA Finals. It's a long road ahead, because the only way to validate the season is to hoist that Larry O'Brien trophy at the end of it.

There are two games that I was very interested to see heading into the weekend. One was the Boston vs. LA game and the other still has to be played out.





It's the Miami Dolphins going up against the New York Jets.

Think about it, after a couple of injury plagued seasons in the Meadowlands, the Jets let go of QB Chad Pennington for Brett Favre. The move worked for both teams as the Dolphins emerged from a one-win season the previous year to go 10-5 with one more match to go. Of course, Pennington has his moments in a Jets uniform and I had the opportunity to watch them play.

And it's at the Meadowlands with a chance for Miami and for New York to go to the post-season.

Now the screws have turned against Favre (although rather unfairly). One thing is for sure though... it's going to be one heck of a match.


No comments:

Post a Comment