BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Pics from the Bantay Bata All-Star Games


When I got to the Ynares Arena, a few asked me (from the media to the coaching staffs) who I thought would win both Juniors and Seniors games. I said, "UAAP."

As much as the other league may be more individually talented, that's exactly it. Individually. That's how they play in the NCAA.

And it showed in the final results. If you ask me, the Juniors match was more enjoyable. Shout out to an old friend, Lisa Elorde! Nico played well, huh?

Before the dunk contest, I was chatting with Chris Camus who I spoke to before in UST. He was our dark horse contestant. But I pegged Sudan or Elmer to win. Sorry, Chris! I know ya got hops.

I'll see ya soon, bro.

No comments:

Post a Comment